insitu World Heritage consulting provides a platform to find the right expertise for your questions concerning World Heritage.insitu offers a large variety of services concerning UNESCO World Heritage. We advise not only on the entire World Heritage nomination process, but as well on the infrastructural set-up of national World Heritage administrations and sites.
insitu offers advice for national and international bodies
- on the Outstanding Universal Value,
- on the Periodic Reporting process,
- Heritage Impact Assessment,
- on funding opportunities (Creative Europe, Horizon 2020, EEA ..),
- on the Global Strategy
The partners publish articles, teach at Universities and work for private companies. All our partners involved in World Heritage have a deep understanding of the process(es) and a strong personal interest in the matter.
As for most experts in World Heritage, no one works exclusively for insitu but contributes with her/his specific knowledge and expertise. We understand our approach as to be able to give access to the pertinent information you are looking for. We have a multinational, -lingual and thematic background comprising architects, urban geographers, historians, biologists, specialists in project management and in spatial data infrastructures.
Each individual expert has worked at least 10 years on World Heritage issues and follows closely the ongoing development. The people behind insitu realise that there is a poor understanding of World Heritage and the involved processes with many stakeholders and of those interested. With the insitu platform we hope to offer help, a solution and information for everybody.
Do not hesitate to contact us, explain your matter, problem and/or pose a question.
We engage ourselves to put you in contact free of charge with the best expert that we know in the specific matter.
Bring the right solution to the right people!
email your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20 Nov 2019: Public Final Meeting: Sharing Heritage: "The Holler Road - Knowing the beginning, experience the heritage", Jork/Germany 4-6 pm.
- 18 Oct 2019: insitu shared 2 sessions at: ICOMOS Advisory Committee, Annual General Assembly and Scientific Symposium, Morocco, Marrakesh, 12-18 October 2019
- Kruse, Alexandra & Bernd Paulowitz (2019): Holler Colonies and the Altes Land: A Vivid Example of the Importance of European Intangible and Tangible Heritage. In: Carola Hein (ed): Adaptive Strategies for Water Heritage: Past, Present and Future. Springer Open Access. book-flyer
- Špulerová, J., Kruse, A, Branduini, P., Centeri, C., Eiter, S., Ferrario, V., Gaillard, B., Gusmeroli, F., Jurgens, S., Kladnik, D., Renes, H., Roth, M., Sala, G., Sickel, H., Sigura, M., Štefunková, D., Stensgaard, K., Strasser, P., Ivascu, C.M. & K. Öllerer: Past, Present and Future of Hay-making Structures in Europe; Sustainability 2019, 11, 5581; doi:10.3390/su11205581; www.mdpi.com/journal/sustadownload
- Renes, Hans, Csaba Centeri, Alexandra Kruse & Zdeněk Kučera: "The Future of Traditional Landscapes: Discussions and Visions" - Land 2019, 8(6), 98; https://doi.org/10.3390/land8060098 (registering DOI)
- Renes, H., C. Centeri, S. Eiter, B. Gaillard, A. Kruse, Z. Kučera, O. Puschmann, M. Roth, M. Slámová (2019): Water Meadows as European Agricultural Heritage. In: Carola Hein (ed): Adaptive Strategies for Water Heritage: Past, Present and Future. Springer Open Access. book-flyer
Kruse, A. & N. Marot (2018): Glossary on Renewable Energy and Landscape Quality – The Glossary. Download
- Roth, M., Kruse, A. et a (2018)l: Renewable Energy and Landscape Quality - the Action Book. Link to the book
- Kruse, A. & B. Paulowitz (2018):UNESCO World Heritage as an opportunity for Mountain Landscapes - a trigger for development not only in the Alps. In: Journal of Landscape Ecology: 41-57 (2018 - Special Issue 1)
- Kruse, A. & B. Gaillard (2018): Multifunktionale Landwirtschaft im Kontext europäischer Agrarlandschaften und gesellschaftlicher Erwartungen. In: Ländlicher Raum - Agrarsoziale Gesellschaft e.V.: p. 28-31 download
Talks in 2019:
- 25 March 2019: "Inhabitants of protected sites: Awareness rising, opportunities, participation" INTERNATIONAL MASTER COURSE – FIRST LEVEL FAO GLOBALLY IMPORTANT AGRICULTURAL HERITAGE SYSTEMS (GIAHS), Prato (near Florence)/Italy
- 31 Jan 2019: "How to become a World Heritage Site?" - Dr. Alexandra Kruse speaks at TU Vienna, on invitation of ICOMOS-Austria, more information
Since Dec 2016: parnter in "FEAL: multifunctional Farming for the sustainability of European Agricultural Landscapes" - Erasmus-Project. more information
Since 1st of July 2016, Bernd Paulowitz, founding director of insitu was appointed as Hamburg's first World Heritage coordinator of the WH site "Speicherstadt with Kontorhaus district and Chilehaus (no 1467). insitu World Heritage consulting will continue its services as world heritage platform under the lead of Alexandra Kruse, also founding director, together with its wellknown and experienced experts. Find some news about Bernd Paulowitz.
insitu World Heritage consulting was asked to participate together with about 90 international experts in the lately published "U.S. World Heritage Gap Study Report"
by US ICOMOS (2016). The report contains the summary of an online public participation survey on US American Heritage that was conducted in autumn 2015 and will be the basis of the New U.S. Tentative List that will be published by the end of 2016. Have a look on the discussed items and arguments and see Charleston/South-Carolina in several categories.
insitu World Heritage consulting participated in a widely received press conference on the 03/07/2015. insitu has been mandated by an Austrian initiative to work on the nomination dossier of the Großglockner Hochalpenstraße to the World Heritage list. A first step was taken with the inscription of the Großglockner Hochalpenstraße as national monument ensuring the adequate protection of this outstanding linear site. The site is the first in Austria to have a co-edited protection plan between the owner (GROHAG) and the national heritage protection office (BDA).